Nov 16, 2008

BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!

I love Christmas. The reason I love Christmas is because I believe it is the time that Christians celebrate the day that our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ was born. He was not born on December 25Th. That is a day picked out by the holiday experts of when we should have a party. And I am 100 % positive that Jesus is not sitting there thinking "HURRY, HURRY, HURRY get those singing Santa's out!!!! Get those singing bass mounted on a fake plaque out. Bring on Hannah Montana. Get all the decorations out because it's my birthday"!!!!! He's thinking "What a shame that people think that Christmas is about a man dressed up bringing a load of gifts." That's right folks Santa ain't REAL!!!!!
Christmas was about the day that God came to earth to save us pathetic people. And if you are a Christian and you profess such ideas you are not "Politically Correct"!!! And the way the trend is going, in the not so far future you could be possibly sued for not thinking Santa is the reason for the season. I say this jokingly of course. But stranger things have happened.
Now don't get me wrong, I do enjoy giving and receiving gifts. But this season has taken on a whole different meaning. WAY back in October, and in some stores maybe even sooner they started putting out "Christmas" decorations. The stores now in mid November are in the full swing. When I turned on my radio this week I started hearing "Christmas" music. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!
It infuriates me.
If Rudolph and his red nose are already playing why do we even celebrate Thanksgiving. What happened to that day of remembrance???? Of course the pilgrims did not have the first Thanksgiving on November 27Th either. Again the party planners had a meeting and said "OK, every 4Th Thursday in the month of November let's put turkeys on sale, get rid of the plethora of canned cranberry sauce that no one eats at any other time of year, and have the NFL play so that we keep all those fans happy too". YAY!!!
This country has a lot to be thankful for and as far as I am concerned (and seeing how this IS my blog) we shouldn't be in such a rush to edge out a day of remembrance of the first Thanksgiving. We need to slow our hurried lives down and remember why we celebrate what we do, as a nation, as a community and as a family. Let's take the time to be thankful. How often do we really reflect all that we do need to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Jenny Tan said...

Oh ya, I know....just few days ago, I turned on the radio, and they were already playing Christmas songs!! I was wondering, "what happened to Thanks Giving???" It's just CRAZY! :P