So last night as I am trying to "blog" my son screams (nothing unusual here), but it's the pitch in the scream that says to me "Ok it's real, stop typing, stop typing now, LOUDER SCREAM, all right I'm up!!! My son who had been clipping his little toe nails was for sure that a piece had landed in his beautiful brown eyes. Even though he wears protective eye wear. Crying, screaming, panic attack both parents are running to the epi-center. "MMMOOOMMM my eye, there's a toenail in my eye, am I going to die????" No Dr. Seuss surely you will not die, even if a nail is in your eye.
Dr. Dad puts on his best bedside manner (this is of course a joke) and says stop crying!!! I snicker, yeah right daddy-O. Turns out it's an eyelash. Scalpel, scissors, tissue. There's a very serious tone in the operating room (the bathroom) all the bright lights, the sterile environment, the goofy fish on the walls as spectators. Is he going to make it???? Dr. Dad is very tense. The patient will not hold still, it's to much for the poor lad. This goes on for close to 30 minutes at least. Longer story short, the operation was successful. Funny how a small eyelash feels like a boulder in your eye.
I do not know why???
The drama is fabulous here!!!!
It's never too late!
13 years ago
2 comments:
Hey, I had my eye lashes went into my eye b4, and IT HURTS OK!!! So, it may seem dramatic, but I have to agree with him, it hurts like HELL!!! I cried too!! :'(
I know it hurt, he just wouldn't hold still and let us help him. My husband is so impatient that watching it all was funny to me. Luckily everything was fine and as soon as it was out Michael was back to normal. It's funny how they change so quickly.
Post a Comment