Wow what a week. Beside taking Michael's class to the zoo we had their Halloween party at school which was entertaining, and very NOISY!!! The kids at this age no longer wear cute little cuddly animal costumes, or their favorite Disney character. Those days of making them cute are gone. There was one boy that had an original costume. He was dressed as a hot dog with ketchup, mustard and relish. It was a great costume. He also provided entertainment. He sang the "Armour" hot dog song but with 7 & 8 year old lyrics that of course refer to potty things, and body parts. The boys were all jumping around him as he sang and then they tackled the hot dog. The kids were high on sugar. They got to decorate a cookie with frosting, sprinkles, and candy. There was more "decorations" than cookie. Their drink was apple juice. HELLO!!!! I was concerned that one of them might slip into a diabetic coma.
The next day was Halloween. School was closed, see how smart those teachers are!!!
It just isn't a holiday around our house unless Michael is sick. He is battling a sinus infection. This kid is sick more than he is well, which is sad. We kept him to clean as a baby and toddler. We should have let him eat the dirt, eat the food off the floor and run around outside naked. He did go out "trick or treating" with our friends Ellen and Cole. We started early, so early it was light outside. We wanted to beat the rush. After a couple of hours in our neighborhood we headed to my mom's to raid that area. It's cool that my son got to "trick or treat" in the same neighborhood I did while growing up.
The next day we had a birthday party to attend. Another wild adventure. And to wrap up the weekend we saw "Space Chimps" at the movie theatere. It kills me when my son says he's bored, or "I never get to do anything or go anywhere". WHATEVER!!!!!
The new week was spent volunteering at school by correcting papers, making gift bags for a fund raiser, and I kid you not, 6 hours copying papers on the copy machine. I almost pulled my eyelashes out with that one. I went to my first PTC meeting which was very informative. It is so funny the amount of time I am at school seeing as how that was the last place I wanted to be growing up. My old teachers would be proud.
My husband keeps saying I need to get a job. I laugh. This job of being a mom is 24/7, no days off, no vacation. I often think of outsourcing my job but my husband isn't crazy enough to take it. Who is??? I ask, is there a harder job out there??? To all the moms out there, GOOD JOB!!!!! You are needed!!!!
Who knows what this coming week brings, I'm ready. I'm a mom!!!
It's never too late!
13 years ago
2 comments:
Oh, you are just GREAT, Diana! I love you dearly!
I have been enjoying your blogging. But I enjoy you, so of course that would make sense.
You forgot to put in your profile that you are one of the greatest friends a person could have. I trust you more than I have trusted anyone in a long time.
Mountains of Love
Ang
Wooohooo!!! Have been WAITING for you to update your blog, girl! Wasn't that a FUN week huh?! We ought to go out for lunch again some time soon :) Cheers to ALL THE MOMS out there! ;)
Post a Comment