So Michael and are outside after 10:00 am this morning shootin' hoops. He has real potential and I do enjoy playing with him. Of course I'm no Michael J but I can knock down some shots.
We were out there quite awhile when my husband comes out. He is heading to the gym to play basketball with some other guys. He comes down and shoots a few shots with us. He takes off and Michael and I continue for awhile longer. We head to the house to do other things. I go to open the door and it's locked. I have no keys, no cell phone, the car's locked, you get the picture right. Neighbor #1 is not answering the door. Neighbor #2 finally answers after a few doorbell rings. Luckily we know where the husband is and it's not far. We borrow the neighbors car (Thank you Sally). I sent Michael in to get the house keys, I would have said some naughty things. Not worth it!!
Time to get extra keys made for the neighbors, hopefully their home again next time!!!!
Another fun lesson from "Smartie Pants". Life does not go as planned!!!
It's never too late!
13 years ago
3 comments:
We experienced that once...we didn't use to carry our house keys when we go out, just depend on the garage opener. Then one day when we came back, there were no electricity --- so duh, got locked out and we were doggie sitting our neighbor's dog, and they were home to get her, n she was barking cos' she saw everyone outside except her! all the windows closed except for my room...and Lee got a ladder from the neighbor's who weren't home (they left it on the side of their house), climbed out and went in to the house! :P Next day, I went out and made 3 extra keys for our neighbors on both sides of us! :P
Climbed up, not climb out! :P
We were in our long driveway, no need to lock the door. I was right there.
Post a Comment