Dec 15, 2008

SNOW!!!
One little flake followed by two.
Two more, they are starting to wake.
Powdered sugar pouring from high, dusting the ground, piling high.
Trees that were green are now turning white. Oh my what a heavenly sight.
The skies are alive with snowflakes in flight, kids are squealing with delight.
Get out the boots, the hats and mittens. No child wants to miss this day, with the snow they are smitten.
Making tracks where there once was none, a snow angel must be done.
Cheeks are pink with chill and fun, hurry now before there is none.
Time to go in and get warmed up, momma has some cocoa in your cup.
Noses still red from the chill, playing in the snow is always a thrill.
Watching from the window as it falls.
Softly, quietly not a sound does it make.
Even at night it is still quite bright. Thank you heaven for this simple delight!!!

4 comments:

Jenny Tan said...

THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! :) You are so gifted...I'm going to say it ONE MORE TIME...WRITE A BOOK PLEASEEE!!! ;)

Smartie Pants said...

What would I write a book on?? Insanity!!!????
JenE,JenE,Jene your funny :)

KatieB said...

Diana:

What a wonderful poem! I didn't know that you were a poet...that is something that I have absolutely no talent at. Heard you all had a bit of snow and it's still coming!!! Stay warm...Merry Christmas...Miss you! Look for a little something coming your way min-January.

-Katie

Unknown said...

You WROTE that poem?!!!
YOURSELF?!!! Wow, Diana, I am not sure I can be friends with you, man, you really make me look bad. I thought I had some talent, but jeez girl, you blow me out of the water!
AP