Jan 8, 2009

The beach at the resort













































This was a semi private beach at the resort. They shaped it like a sea shell. There were net barriers to keep the sharks, and bigger fish out.

I have never been to a man made beach and I liked it. The sand was beautiful. There was not trash all over it. That right there is a pet peeve for me, we have such a gift in this earth and we choose to trash it. Anyhoo!!! One of the things I noticed was there were only little itty bitty shells on the beach. The size of dimes maybe. There were pieces of coral also. There were little school of fish that moved in with the waves and right back out. It was truly a nice experience. They had lounge chairs and cabanas to rent and also small canoes. It felt safe for kids. You didn't have to worry about the currents carrying them away.


Jimmy Buffet is famous for his ocean songs and his song "Changes in Latitude" reminds me of this vacation.


"It's those changes in latitude, changes in attitude nothing remains quiet the same."


The change in my latitude helped my attitude (until I got home).



The Sea~
As I dig my toes in the sand I listen to your water, it sounds so grand. Whether calm or stormy it relaxes me.

The sound of the birds, depending on where in the world you are all have a goal. They sing the praises of the creator who holds the sea in His hands.

The water plays chase with me, of course the water always wins. It sneaks up fast and splashes me and then quickly darts away.

Big shells, little shells, wash ashore. They whisper "pick me, admire me I am special can't you see??" Each one crafted individually.

Of course my favorite would be the warm ocean breeze compared to the breeze that makes me freeze.

For me, there's no other place I would like to be than the islands of Hawaii. The smell of plumeria, and gardenia. The water warm and clear.

The sounds of palm trees swaying, make it clear, this is where my soul longs to be.

If I could I would live by the sea and enjoy each and every memory.



















































No comments: