I love reading my friends blogs. It gives something to do at 4:00 am. I get ideas, laughs, see beautiful pictures etc.
I like blogging but haven't really been "feelin' it" lately. I am in Funky Town. This town (my home) is far from those my friends have. Not in a bad way but I am envious. Just reading other blogs you know that these people are in their marriage for life and are in love. For a long time I have been so unhappy being married. I struggle daily being here. I have hoped for different things in our marriage but the hope seems unreachable. The bible says "a house divided will not stand" and believe me this house is divided. I am so tired of doing patch work on a structure that is falling apart. It's exhausting, and painful.
One blog that I read is the NieNie Dialogues (I think that's right). I do not know this family but stumbled across it on another friends blog. This woman and her husband were in a horrific plane crash. They have been through hell physically, mentally and been separated from their precious children. They have a long road ahead of them but by God's grace they will make it. Their story has made national news and people have poured their love from afar into them. It truly is beautiful. You feel the love that Stephanie has for her Mr. Nielson
She talks about him in the sweetest of ways. It makes me want to cry (and I do) when I hear the love that is more than skin deep. I want that kind of love. That's the love that moves mountains. It's true and it's pure.
I am rambling right now, I feel sad and it's hard to keep a cheerful face on when you hurt so much inside.
I am so grateful for all of my friends. Each and everyone of you bring something to me that I don't get from anyone else. The love that I get from all of you is so helpful and supportive that I would be lost without it. Thank you!!!
I will end this post with a reminder.
If your loved one leaves clothes on the floor but whispers in your ear how much they love you when you least expect it be glad. If your loved one forgets an anniversary or a birthday but shows you in many other ways that they think of you the other 363 days of the year just let it go. It's only a day or two in a year. If your loved one supports you and your passions then count yourself blessed. Love isn't flowers, jewelry, trips or anything material. It is respect, it is loving the person as they are, the way that they were created and crafted and not trying to change them into what YOU want. Love should not manipulate another. Love is something that can be fragile yet so powerful that it can move the mountains of adversity. Let your loved one know how much you care and appreciate them for who they are.
It's never too late!
13 years ago
2 comments:
You are on my mind and in my prayers. We definitely need to get together for a Mommy-needs-a-break time...soon!
Haven't heard much from U lately? R U back from "Funky Town"?? :-0
Post a Comment