Mar 30, 2009

Addictions

Well I have finally made it back!!! It took me quite awhile to even get back to my site and even longer to remember how to post again. I've missed this a lot!!!!
I have found other addictions to fill my time with lately. I confess I have an addictive personality. Not good!!! I am aware of it and have learned ways to help curb some things. So what have I been doing??? These are some addictions that I've had recently.

1). I have read all 4 books of the "Twilight" series. My dealer JenE got me hooked on them. Because I skip ahead in the books and read the ending first my dealer would only give me one book at a time. She was sure I would read the last book first. I have not read a series of books ever and I must say I was hooked. JenE and I saw the movie together and thought it was very "Teenie Bopperish". On the other hand my other addict friend in this series, Angela LOVED the movie and already has it. She was always one to two books ahead of me and so I would ask her questions and like JenE she wasn't very willing to answer me.

2). "Facebook"!!! I am not addicted to the postings as I am to the "Super Pets". OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I love my cyber kitty "Twix" (named after the candy bar of course)!!!! She is so cute. I love dressing her up, feeding her, and having her battle other pets. I do have a couple of friends that I am spending a lot of coins on to keep their animals clean, and fed (Gracie, Bo, and Diana). So if those dear friends would like to send me gifts as payback for keeping their animals alive I would like the bookcase which is 500 coins, the bird house which is 1500 coins, 3 candle set which is 500 coins, the bird with musical notes which is 1000 coins, or the basketball (for Michael) which is 300 coins. Pushy I know but those steaks are 40 coins and cheeseburgers 25 coins. I am in the poor house with these critters!!!
On a "healthy" note I have reconnected with two "long lost" friends and I am so happy about that!!!

3). Abeer and I recently discovered we both enjoy the card game "SPEED". It's a fast moving game and it gets my adrenaline pumping. Plus my very competitive side rears it's ugly head when I win (sad but true). Abeer and I had a chance to play last week for the first time together while the kids were playing. I am looking forward to the kids back in school this week so we don't have all the interruptions. Abeer looks so calm and sweet but put a deck of cards in front of her and watch out!!!! She is great at this game and beat me badly. It was a lot of fun. So Abeer my house or yours????

4) Spending time with my friends. I've had a lot of play dates recently and just love being with the people that make me laugh and enjoy things. Janet and I actually saw each other outside of our once a month scrap booking date. Her, Lisa and JenE were VERY GENEROUS and came to help me try and get a handle on my "scrap" room. I'd be surprised if Janet steps back into my house anytime soon. We got a lot done, I gave a lot away, and am working on getting rid of more and making a real work space for myself. Janet, Lisa and I all went to the Scrapbook convention together this year. We had fun. Lisa and I have had more time together and we are such goof balls when we are around each other. We even change back to the way we talked 23 years ago. Immature but fun!!!! She's addicted to the Super Pets too.
JenE and I have spent more and more time together. I am addicted to her little boys hugs and kisses. She's a tempting influence on me. She is responsible for several of these addictions. I am fighting real hard not to start buying fabric. There's a group of us that get together at "Ava's" coffee shop when we can. Echo, Abeer, JenE, Kari and I like hanging out there. Much nicer than Starbucks.
I've worked with Angela several times recently and we laugh and enjoy our time. She is a very busy woman and I don't get to see her except when I go to work.
LN and I got together for the first time in a long time and had "Happy Hour at Gustov's". It was her birthday last week and so we celebrated. She is such a sweet person and I enjoy our "therapy" time. Tammy and I finally got together for my birthday (October) and Christmas. We are old friends too and act like we did when we were six. Again immature but fun!!!
So my friends I love all of you and enjoy my time with each and every one of you. Of course there are others that I enjoy too but these are the people I have filled my time with the last couple of weeks. Thanks friends!!!

Now there are some addictions I am really trying to tame.

I am getting better about my scrap booking addiction. Seeing all that I have has put me to shame. I need to use what I have instead of being impulsive. I need to actually put albums together so I can even call myself a scrapbook er, otherwise I am just a paper addict.

Spring is my favorite time of year and I am starting to clean up the weeds and wanting to get my yard looking good. The problem is I want to go and buy flowers, fresh mulch, and bark dust. All of that costs money and I have expensive taste and a husband who doesn't appreciate the beauty of what I do. And since he's the provider I have to be content with what I have.

I enjoy taking pictures. I have really pulled way back on taking and developing photos. But after seeing some absolutely gorgeous photos JenE took I am just itching for a new camera and to click away at all the flowers that are blooming now. Again I have to live within my means. Very hard!!!

Ribbons!!!! Lisa and I share this addiction. I don't need it but show me a cute piece of ribbon and it's hard to resist. I haven't bought any to recently so I feel pretty good about that.

I could use a twelve step program but I would be at meetings everyday, and I am not sure they have programs for ribbon addicts!!!



2 comments:

Jenny Tan said...

FINALLY!!! Now, now, don't put the blame on me for YOUR addiction! ;P KT is to blame too ok?! (even though she's 6 hours away from us) LOL.

Mama Llama said...

Welcome back to blogging...long time, girl! I don't see a problem with ribbon or paper addictions! The superpets addiction, well, that's another story!