Nov 30, 2008

Doctors

I don't like going to the Dr. If I have to go there's usually a pretty good reason that I am there. My doctor that I have had and been pleased with for 3 years has moved on to greener pastures. Wednesday I replaced the old with the new. He is a young man (Doogie Howser comes to mind when I think of how young he is) probably from India. Nice man. We start the reviewing process of my "Issues". It's long. I hate going over my history, but when you get a new Dr you have to do these things. Question after question. He was probably thinking that he's seen 90 year olds in better shape than this 41 year old. He almost had a dazed look on his face. It is hard to give up the comfort of the familiar. My old Dr and I joked around (I'm not sure if this guy laughs, seemed pretty serious) and if I needed something than most times I could call his office and just have him call something in for me. Much easier. SIGH!!!

Different appointment now.

So on Friday they had an opening at the OB/GYN's office and I took it, trying to get all my medical stuff done before the end of the year. I normally have a female Dr but one of her colleagues was the one available on Friday. I've seen this Dr before. He removed an ovary for me so he knows me inside and out. Now, I have not come across any woman who enjoys this appointment. Everyone dreads it, we avoid it, it's just not one of those top ten things to do. So I'm sitting there in one of those lovely gowns trying to be relaxed. Deep breathes, hands all sweaty, etc...
The Dr comes in, and he is a nice guy and is younger and I just keep thinking "I hate this, I hate this". He sits on his stool and starts a conversation. Well I am not very good at small talk when I am sitting in a room naked except for some flimsy gown that only covers my front side. He keeps chattin' away. My hands are getting sweatier and I just want to bolt. Blah Blah Blah he goes on. I'm thinking "Hello, can we get this over with please. It's easy for you to talk your fully dressed and you don't get to go through this humiliating exam, so cut the chit chat and get going"!!! Finally his nurse comes in and 2 minutes later it's done. He starts chatting again after all is done. Me, I am still in my gown and trying to get up from the stirrups. Bad timing Doc. Could you just get out of here.
When you want a man to talk they won't, when you don't want a man to talk they won't shut up!!!
3 weeks til I get my mammogram, PLEASE DON'T BE A MAN!!!!!

No comments: