Well I need to not let this important "national" holiday pass without being really and truly "Thankful". In this country you have more than most of the rest of the world.
1). I am thankful for having a relationship with Jesus Christ!!!!
2). I am thankful for the countless blessings He has provided for everyone!!!).
3). I am thankful that God gave me my son, Michael. Through his life I have learned a lot about things that you don't come to know without being a parent. He has brought so much to me that I can't imagine. (right now he is pitching a fit over brushing his teeth!!!)
4) I am choosing to be thankful for my marriage right now. If you really know me then you know how hard this is for me to say. I have learned a lot throughout my 14 years of marriage and thankfully I have learned about another culture that I couldn't have known about any other way.
5). I am thankful that I have parents that love me and even when I was truly awful (hard to imagine isn't it???) they somehow kept from killing me (that's part of the reason of my blogs name which was chosen over "Smart Ass". Smartie Pants sounds more politically correct!!!) Somehow they taught me things, I kept out of jail (so far), and I think I turned out OK. Yes I have my days but refer back to #1!!!
6). I am thankful for my one and only sibling, Stephanie. Amazingly enough we survived childhood disliking each other and are now friends.
7). I am thankful for the great husband and children she has brought into our family.
8). I am thankful for my step father, Ron and all the joy and contentment he has brought to my mommy.
9). I am thankful for my dad's girlfriend, Sylvia and all the love that she gives to my daddy. She cleans up after him, she cooks for him, she takes care of him, and the poor thing has saved the rest of us I'm sure from a lot more political comments than if she wasn't around!!! Syl, your an angel.
10). I am thankful for my 2 aunt's that have both given and reflected such strong character through their own lives to me.
11). My grandparents when they were alive were so ahead of their time!!! The 2 grandma's I had were absolutely amazing. They were strong, independent women who did not fall into the "American" woman category of the 40's, 50's and 60's. They were busting their butts raising their kids as single moms, full time jobs, and very active in organizations that were important to them. I seriously am in awe of those women, they rocked!!!!!
12). I am thankful for the Pilgrim men and women who were brave enough to come and live in this country even though it would have been easier to stay back.
13). I am thankful for America, and proud to be an American. I will not accept the label of the "ugly, mean, lazy, dumb American" for I am not those things. I am a hard working American who reaches across to embrace those that do not look like me here. I embrace that all are created equal for it is true. I give to those that are less fortunate than I, I volunteer because it is important, I care because I am a human being first!!! I don't care what you look like, or believe in, if I see you in need I will do my absolute best to give 100% of me to you!!!!!
14). I am thankful that I do not rejoice when others are killed, hurt, or have lost loved ones because they do not believe in the same thing I do. I HOPEFULLY will never forget the images of people rejoicing around the world when the World trade centers collapsed. I felt so sad that humans were glad because they thought it was a great blow to our country. Never mind that on that day a dad, a mom, a brother, a sister, a child, a friend were not going home that day.
15). I am thankful for the millions of people that put their lives on the line daily, and those that have given their lives to be ready if I need them. Thank you firemen and women, paramedics, police officers, Dr.'s, nurses, military personnel, the list is truly endless!!!!
16). I am thankful for who I am, because that is who God made me to be. YES, I am flawed but if I weren't than I would be in charge and honestly there would be no human race.
17). I am thankful for my dirty dishes waiting in the sink for me, the dirty bathrooms that I need to conquer, the floors that need to be cleaned, the toys that need to be put away, the beds that need to be made. I am thankful that I have that job security as a domestic engineer because that means I have a home right now, I have food to eat right now, I have more than I could ever use right now. Thank you God that I do have those things right now. So many have not even one of those things.
18). I am so thankful that I have so many friends, acquaintances, and family that love me. I cannot imagine my life without the fullness of people that contribute to my life. Thank you all for who YOU are.
19). I am thankful that right now the garbage men are taking my garbage. I wish people would not litter. We only have this one planet to live on. We really need to take better care of it.
20). I am thankful that I have the house to myself right now. My husband is shopping (EGADS!!!!) and my mommy has taken my son to the Macy's day parade. She does so much for him and all her family actually!!! I am especially thankful for all you moms out there because our job is not easy. We are trying to raise our kids as responsible, caring, law abiding citizens that will hopefully take care of us when we need it!!!!
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and that your thankful list never ends!!! Blessings to all.
OK, you can turn on the Christmas music now, I will not complain about hearing it now that our national treasure of a holiday has officially passed!!!
It's never too late!
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment