So yesterday all the men in our neighborhood were puttin' up the ole Christmas lights. I have not had lights up on our house for years (guess who & why) and decided this was the year!!! So after our long exciting day I yell at my dear husband who is peacefully watching another ball game (Sports!!!!!!!) "Why don't you get up and put out the Christmas lights!!!" Of course that was met with great enthusiasm, he turned the volume up louder to drown me out. So being the patient person that I am I got the window cleaner, paper towels, a broom, and the ladder. I got up on our porch roof. There are two windows that I cleaned while there. I swept all the pine needles off the roof and start cleaning the gutters. By this time my husband appears. Lots of "talking" between us and it is then decided that YES we will put up the lights TODAY, thank you very much!!!!
He was most helpful in directing me. Thank you dear, yes dear, I know dear can you please be quiet now dear!!!! He gets out a second ladder and "helps". We got the front of the house trimmed with lights. It looked beautiful and peaceful by the time we were done, it was dark.
So depending on the weather I will scale the rest of the roof and clean it up. Clean the rest of the gutters and put 2 more strands of lights up to finish the house. I am sure I will have my "little helper" standing there directing again.
HO HO HO!!!!
It's never too late!
13 years ago
3 comments:
Hey, Chickie! You be careful up on the rooftop! I bet it's beautiful.
By the way, I tagged you tonight. See my blog. Don't hate me!
Hi. Dropping by for a visit. Christmas sure is fun overseas. We can't put anything on our rooftop here but we can put up our small christmas tree in the living hall. Why don't you put up a picture to share? Anyway, nice blog. Will definitely revisit. Take care and bye.
"Daddy"
As soon as our friend Jenny T. shows me how to post pictures I will post some just for YOU!!! Thanks for visiting!!!
Post a Comment