Jan 14, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!!!

This beautiful poinsettia was given to us along with a beautiful fir wreath to hang on our door by our friend LN and her family. This poinsettia was HUGE!!! And I still have the wreath hanging up on our front door. I am hoping it lasts all year!!!! We don't buy these things because we are so "practical" (I'm not) and so these gifts were such a treat!!!! Thank you LN!!!!
I am thankful I missed a big part of the snow that occured. We all wish for a white Christmas until we are snowed in for a couple of weeks. Well you can blame that snow problem on my friend Oogah Boogah's (the one with the glass eye) husband. He has a snow machine and I think he accidently left it on to long!!!!
Christmas was different this year. Being gone for 6 days ahead of the holiday made me cut out a lot of unnecessary shopping and fretting over things I think "have" to be done or Christmas won't be perfect (as if it ever has been). Then returning to a snowed in city meant I still couldn't do the stuff I planned. I actually think it was better. There is so much emphasis on the material stuff and not being able to get out was good, at least for me. So my new holiday tradition is to be on vacation somewhere tropical so I am less stressed!!!! Works for me!!!













Michael is the official Christmas tree decorator in the house. He does a great job.
Every year he gets a new ornament as part of our family tradition. These are just a few of his ornaments. This year he of course got an ornament from Hawaii. A car with a surfboard on it. When he leaves the nest to get married he will have his own Christmas tree decorations to take with him. Hopefully they bring back happy memories. As my dear friend Abeer pointed out and which is probably very true his future wife will not have the same sentiment for them as I do and they will somehow "disappear"!!!! That will be one of my questions for the potential daughter-in-law, "So how do you feel about 25 year old family traditions that should be put out every Christmas??" If she doesn't just love these ornaments she's probably no good!!!
Here's that face I love!!!!





















I love the penguins!!!! OK I guess the whole ornament tradition is really for "ME"!!! See how theraputic blogging is??? I just saved myself some big money on future therapy on why my daughter-in-law and I don't agree on the ornaments. Oh well, I will continue on with the tradion and enjoy it while he's still my guy!!