Jan 19, 2009

Simple Pleasures!!!


KT, KT,KT put on her blog some favorites of her week a few days ago. I am a copycat.
So here are some of Smartie Pants very simple pleasures of this week.
#1). I had coffee with a dear friend Alicia this week. She is a peaceful blanket. Her presence wraps around you and you feel calmed, relaxed and comfortable. We haven't spent time together in probably a year. It is always so nice to reconnect with a friend.
#2). I went to "Rose City Ceramics" and spent time with my friend Angela. We laughed and got to spend some quality time together. We have plans later this week to head to the beach for a few days. YAY!!!
#3). I got to go to a scrapbook store and get new paper, and accessories for free. I have a store credit there and still have more money left. That is super duper!!!!
#4). I am actually making progress on some cards that I have been trying to make for 4 weeks. I am still doing a lot of shuffling but I did put 16 cards together in 2 days. YAY for me (it's the little things in life)
#5). The bag of ALL GREEN M&M's are out for a short time. Must be Valentine day soon.
#6). I actually TALKED ON THE PHONE to Oogah Boogah!!!! The crazy senorita with a drinking problem and glass eye. Doesn't that sound like it would be a good reality show???!!! I hope to actually see her soon, even though she can only see half of me. Hey that's one way to look thinner!!!
#7). I actually am reading a book for pleasure instead of a parenting book. Mama Llama lent me an awesome book called "The Shack". It is a book that is hard for me to put down. I recommend it very highly. It is a book that will make you think about why we are here.
#8). The sunshine has been a huge mood booster!!! Love it!!!
#9). My family actually worked together as "a family" to clean up all the downed branches and spiffy up the backyard. That right there is AMAZING!!!!!
#10). Watching my son play basketball on a team with classmates. He had fun and loves basketball. He is such a goofball like his mom.
So friends, how was your week??? Need more bloggers!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Mama Llama said...

It sounds like you're having a fun week...and a trip to the beach too! Life is good!

KatieB said...

You have wonderful things to be thankful for! Good job on the cards! I'm trying to build up my stock and then plan on forcing myself to use them. I tend to hoard them. Just think, you might even get one in the mail someday soon! :) Sorry about not keep in tough via snail mail. I strive to be better!

Mama Llama said...

Hey there Smartie Pants! I'm finishing up my book today and I highly recommend you read it. It's called "Three Weeks With My Brother" by Nicholas Sparks. You may remember some of his books that were made into movies: Message in a Bottle, The Guardian...Anyway, it is a true story about his childhood and a trip he took with his brother. I checked out a copy from the library. ENJOY!

Jenny Tan said...

Ok Smartie Pants...looks like you are REALLY slacking here, my dear!!!! I need something to read FROM you pleaseee!!!