Feb 14, 2009

Is there a Dr in the house???

Well it's been awhile since I blogged. Haven't had much positive to say so I have kept my big mouth shut.
Michael has been sick forever and that little guy is such a trooper. He hates missing school and made me take him there after a morning nap. He keeps going and doesn't really complain and is so calm (is it a bad thing to say he's easier to manage then!!!).
His dad on the other hand is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE!!!!
My husband and I went to a movie last night and Michael went to my mom's house. Michael was so droopy but didn't complain and even said "Have a good time" AWWW, thanks honey. Hubby on the other hand was coughing all over everyone in the theater.

Michael woke up this morning with a sinus headache that was hurting and so I got him some "Sudafed".
Then his dad wakes up with us and the "ruckus" begins. He starts coughing VERY loud, sneezing over everything, and whining. He is such a baby when he is sick. He doesn't cover his mouth while coughing, or sneezing. It grosses me out!!! I have to get some Lysol spray today to start the sterilization process.
I offer him medicine to help his symptoms and he just whines and whines. He takes the tablets and makes this face like he just drank cod liver oil. The tablets really have no taste but according to his face they are HORRIBLE!!!! Meanwhile his son is lying quietly on the couch with a fever, congestion, and an asthma flare up and says nothing. So I do my best not to yell at the husband "COVER YOUR MOUTH YOU SICKO!!!".
Instead I get the hubby medicated, make him breakfast and get him tissue and comfys so he feels better. Amazing how much quieter he has become since he's been babied!!!!

I know why God didn't give the gift of pregnancy to men, they couldn't handle it!!!

3 comments:

Mama Llama said...

Sorry to hear everyone's sick at your house. I hope you can avoid catching it! Hang in there!

BTW, you didn't mention if you liked the movie? It was the Intl Film Festival, right?

Smartie Pants said...

I'm sick!!!
The movie was ok. It was slow. I am seeing another film through the Portland International Film Festival on Wednesday 2/18. Looking forward to it.

KatieB said...

How is everyone doing? I hope that you are all recovering...

I totally understand how you feel. My dad is the strongest person I know, but he's also the biggest baby I know when he gets sick. Luckily, it hardly ever happens.

Take care of you!
Katie