Nov 25, 2008

Is it obvious???

Today I was supposed to be at the happy store(Winco) getting my happy creamer for my coffee. I was going to do my volunteer job at school and hit the road. Lots to do no time to waste. My life does not ever go as planned. I got to school at 8:00 am and left there at 3:05. No lunch, no happy coffee break with happy creamer, nothin'. It's no one's fault but my own. I can't believe how much work there is to do at the school. I swore I was not going to do anymore copying after spending 6 hours a couple of weeks ago with that insane task. Well I showed those teachers today. "Can you make a billion copies of this double sided math packet that is 10 pages thick??? OH and we need it today for math"??!!! "Yes Mrs. Olson, right away ma'am." I was given this right as the kids were at lunch.

OK this is THE last time for sure!!! I got things all mixed up again, I swear those copy machines are possessed by evil demons that laugh at me as I scratch my head and wonder "WHAT????!!!!" Then they have some fancy, smancy machine that puts them in order for you and all you have to do is pull them out and staple them. Again "possessed". So after I see another fine mess I laid my billion sheets out and start putting packets together the old fashion way. Apparently I was taking to long because they called the office and the secretary came to "Help Me".



Not so long ago I was a pharmacy technician. I counted pills, called Dr.'s, filled the prescriptions and did a multitude of stressful tasks. I used to be really good at my job. Suddenly I can't figure out a machine that does the work for me. It's crazy!!!



My whole day at school was filled. My friend Janet e-mailed me information about the millions of dollars the schools have to trim for 2009. The next thing to go is the teachers. They have no aides to help in an out of control class like ours. The teacher is so busy putting out fires with the high energy kids (mine included) that she has no time to do her job properly.

My snack was 2 and 1/2 fortune cookies. If I keep volunteering like this and do it daily I might drop a few pounds. HMMM. Forget it, too stressful.
I didn't get my happy creamer today, is it obvious???

2 comments:

Jenny Tan said...

Oh man, I feel so BAD for you!!! Maybe I'll tell Kari I'll switch to Tuesdays, and volunteer with you. I was there on Monday with the cookies and did some work with Echo, and we were just saying that she doesn't have to go in the coming Monday, and I don't have to come in on Thursday...but u had to for both weeks!! :P U know, I will switch to Tuesday, cos' there's just too many of us on Thursdays AND very often, there's nothing much to do...maybe it's because u have DONE so much on Tuesdays that u r leaving us 4 NOTHING TO DO! :P Should have drop by the Chocolate chip cookies for u!!! lol.

Smartie Pants said...

Yes change to Tuesdays!!! There was so much to do and I still could have used another hour to finish up. Grading day is Monday and I felt it was important to make sure everything was caught up.