Sunday started as it usually does. Michael wakes the house up at 6:30, because he's a rooster and that's what rooster's do. I refused today to get up with him because for the first time in months I actually slept through the night. BTW I have terrible insomnia. Anyhoo. I got up at 8:30 which is just plain unheard of here!!! Made my little angel breakfast and started my day.
We did our usual "Sunday" things. Knowing that I needed groceries for feeding the rooster we headed to Winco. Frankly I would rather not do that awful task but alas my cupboards were bare. I do not like going to Winco. Just getting through the city of Beaverton makes me irritated. So much traffic, this city has been a pain to drive in for the 36 years I have lived here. GGRRRR!!! I live less than 5 miles from it but it feels like it takes me 30 minutes to get there.
So here are the top 5 reasons I dislike shopping there.
#5...The parking lot is a flippin' nightmare.
#4...Location, Location, Location
#3...The busiest place on earth, I'm sure
#2...I have to bag my own groceries which takes more time, and you have to be quick or you get run over
#1...People do not pull their cart to the side so you can pass easily, they park right in the middle of the aisle, take forever to grab their item and then start yappin' at the person they know who is also blocking the flippin' aisle. Sunday afternoon is not the time to be at "Winco".
As I was starting to get aisle rage at the hundreds of people slowing me down from getting out of there I came across a small but much needed miracle!!!!! Yes, a miracle happened to me today to keep me from being a not so nice shopper. As I headed to the farm aisle (Eggs, Milk, Butter) there it was. I saw it out of the corner of my eye. Of course it was not expected and so I did a double take. GASP!!!! It's true, we have hit that precious time of year when unexplained acts of kindness, miracles, or peace on earth happen. Yes folks, there on the endcap of the farm aisle, on the top shelf was my FAVORITE creamer for my coffee. "Nestle's" Coffee-mate "Peppermint Mocha". It was beaming so brightly in it's festive wrapper. Adorned in a red cap, baby blue background, and a cup of coffee in a cute candy cane mug, surrounded by sticks of peppermint candy and chocolate shavings. I couldn't believe it. This is my all time favorite flavor of creamer and it only comes out during the holiday season which apparently is NOW!!!!! That's right they still have Halloween crap out and we are now officially in "Holiday Season" as determined by all the retailers in the world. Anyhoo back to my miracle. I held myself back and only bought 2 bottles today. I need to remember greediness is ugly. I carefully got my 2 bottles from the very back of the cooler just in case, and gently put them in my cart. I wiped the mist from my eyes and regained my composure. Suddenly the store seemed brighter, friendlier, not such a pain in the arse. I couldn't wait to savor my next cup of coffee with my cream. I need to clean out our big freezer so I can buy a gazillion bottles of the sweet cream to last until next season. AAAHHHH!!!! Life is full of small miracles everyday, you just have to keep your eyes open. Apparently my miracle ended there, the checkout line was as usual backed up to the chip aisle. Oh well, I have my happy cream!!!!
It's never too late!
13 years ago
3 comments:
U just crack me up, my dear!!! Next time, go to the WinCo in Tigard...they have expended to the size of a soccer field....when I'm there, I'm also getting my work out done!! :) It's MUCH cleaner and the parking lot was just redone!
BTW, I much prefer bagging my own groceries....cos' some of "the other" grocery stores' baggers (I think that's what they are called isn't it?? correct me if I'm wrong...sounds funny- baggers?) would put raw food with cooked food or with my precious magazines!! It always makes me MAD when they do that....aren't they supposed to get some sort of "training" or briefing of NEVER NEVER PUT RAW FOOD WITH COOKED FOOD, DUH????
Yes my dear Jenny there is a formula to having the cashier bag your groceries... Get it in, get them out of the store!!! Just kidding. True, there are advantages to bagging your own groceries but it does take more time and you have all the shoppers at the end jocking for space. Plus then you have to run back to pay at the debit machine and some other person has assumed your spot. So then you say "Oh how nice your going to pay for my groceries" Most people don't think that's funny, I do. Your right thou, AGAIN!!! I must have PMS this week!!! Lord help me!!!
Post a Comment