We are SUPPOSED to have the same morning routine before school each day. I know what it is. But Michael conveniently forgets EVERYDAY!!! He can remember that we "might" do something special a week or two from now. He remembers when you said you were going to do something and you didn't follow through but retaining the everyday Monday through Friday routine is just not a priority!!! This is one of those things that drive me "batty". Now, if you know me then you know I am NOT the cheerful type when I wake up. I want it quiet and calm. So God, having a sense of humor that he does gives me this wonderful, charming, smart, CALM child!!!
I try and wake my little angel up by nicely rubbing his back, giving kisses, calling him cutsie little love names, etc. When he is first waking he is so cute. This lasts all of 20 seconds and then the true child wakes up. He jumps out of bed as quiet as a stampede of cattle. Then we start the whole clothes routine. 4 or 5 clothes changes later we are POSSIBLY dressed for the day. He then heads right for the TV.
NO TV UNTIL YOU ARE READY!!!! We head down stairs for breakfast and lunch packing. He turns the TV on again. "PPPLLLEEAASSSSEEEE MOM let me watch Curious George while I eat"!!!! GGRRR, "OK, but no dilly dallying around!!!!" So I try and get stuff ready in between no less than 100 interruptions from him. "Mom", "MOM, MMOOOMMM"!!!! "WHAT IS IT MICHAEL, I AM RIGHT HERE!!!" "Did you know a "Green Shark" and a "Sleeper Shark are the same sharks??" "UUMMM, no I didn't know that, but thanks for sharing that."
"Mom"??
"Yes son"
"I love you"
"I love you too, now get eating. We only have 1/2 hour left."
This continues on, and on. There is always a running dialogue between us. Morning, Noon, and Night.
He slowly finishes his food. Now comes the fun part. "Michael go brush your teeth."
He wails, "WWHHAATT?????" " I don't want to brush my teeth". This goes on for several ear piercing, brain thrashing minutes. Everyday!!! "Wash your face". Again same response. Unbelievable to me.
Finally he does a quick brush and usually forgets to wipe his face. At this point I just want him out of my hair. I am still trying to finish things up and he says to me "HURRY UP MOM, I want to get there early to play"!!!!
It's never too late!
13 years ago
2 comments:
Oh gosh! That sounds similar...except she doesn't dare ask to watch TV...but she just D-R-A-G and D-R-A-G!!! She takes such tiny bites that even the ants can take a bigger chomp than her!...I always ask her, if u take SUCH small bites and takes SUCH A LONG TIME to chew, WHEN DO U THINK U R GONNA BE DONE WITH UR FOOD??? just can't wait till it's their turn to deal w/ their kids! :P
Insane isn't it??? The joys of parenthood!!!
Post a Comment